📑 Background 📑
This is a mock project designed as an assignment at RMIT University. I carefully researched relevant competitive products and conducted a set of mock user research activities including user scenario analysis, persona making and journey map. Based on these practices, I identified the shortcomings of current WhatsApp and mainly refines WhatsApp’s current UI design and group chat function.
🔎 Problem 🔎
• Boring user interface
• Limited group chat function
• Team collaboration needs cannot be fully addressed
💡 Solution 💡
• Redesign the GUI to a more fresh and trendy look
• Add chatting history classification function
• Add foreign message language translation function
• Add mistaken messages recall function
• Add group chat invitation link and QR code
The redesigned user interface looks more fresh and dynamic now. The newly designed functions also reinforce the overall user experience.